Friday, May 10, 2019

Guest Artist: JAKE MARSHALL

I received one of my art degrees from the University of Wisconson-Eau Claire. While I was attending that school, there was this guy in the Publications department who bought one of my pieces in a student art show. I got a job teaching high school art in Burlington, WI. One of my star art students was a guy named Jim. Jim went into graphic design and
and also graduated from UW-EC. He was hired as an intern by the same guy from Publications who bought my piece of artwork. After some time, this guy moved to Overland Park to do advertising design for Halls department store. 
Just last week, he showed up at GROW HAPPY and introduced himself as Jake Marshall. He is broadly talented and is a accomplished watercolor artist. Jake will have both framed pieces and beautiful cards at our sale just in time for Mother's Day. 
Jake’s painting style reflects his sense of design. He is attracted to nature, especially the bark pattern of birch trees. He also likes to paint ethereal, misty landscapes and is a member of the Kansas Watercolor Society.

Visit us at GROW HAPPY this weekend!  
Open 10-5 Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
From the Summer's Garden
8601 Barkley St
Overland Park, KS
923-579-5395

No comments:

Post a Comment