Wednesday, November 19, 2014
TOMATO DIP FLAT BREAD
Tomato Dip Flat Bread
1. Mix up a batch of Tomato Dip as directed and set aside for flavors to blend.
2. Mix 2 cups white flour, 1 cup whole wheat flour and 2 teaspoons salt
in a bowl.
3. Put 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast in another bowl. Whisk in 1/4 cup warm water, then 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Let rest until the liquid begins to foam, about 10 minutes, then pour this mixture into the center of the flour. Mix the flour and yeast. Add 3/4 cup warm water to the flour and mix again until the dough pulls together in a single, unified mass.
4. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and begin to knead the dough by working it with the heel of your hand to create a smooth ball of dough free of stickiness. This should take 6 to 8 minutes.
5. Brush a clean, bowl with the olive oil and put the ball of dough in the bowl. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise at room temperature until it has doubled in size, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
6. When the dough has risen, divide it in half, or thirds for thinner pizzas, and shape the pieces into balls. Roll out balls of dough on floured surface.
7. Place on baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal and lightly coat surface of dough with oil. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
8. Spread the tomato dip liberally over the entire surface of the dough ands top with shredded romano and asiago cheeses.
9. Bake in hot oven for 10-15 minutes until browned and bubbly.
It’s delicious, it’s easy, it’s healthy and it will do you a world of good!